Welcome to Intervale School's Reading Home. Here you will find many exciting and interesting activities going on in the classroom and school wide.
Pizza Hut Book-It Program
Dear Parents and Students:
Welcome to Intervale School where there’s a Zootopia-ful of fun in books! We are off to a new theme learning about Language Arts, Math,Science and Character Education. Our school’s reading theme is entitled: There’s a Zootopia-ful of fun in books!. It has been designed to teach basic Language Arts, Math,Science and Character Ed skills along with learning about teamwork. The program will have “special” worksheets throughout the year that will reinforce specific learning skills. Each class will have an assigned Pokeball that will be placed on their class door. At the beginning of each month, the calendars/worksheets will be tallied. The class that has the most completed returns along with read books and minutes will receive a special treat at the end of the year. *All parts of the reading calendar must be completed to count in the tally.
Students will continue to complete the monthly reading calendars (which are due the first of every month), book reports for Personal Pan Pizza Hut coupons, Six Flag tickets, Long Horns lunches (fifth grade only), and other incentives.
We look forward to an exciting year with children shining in their own light of learning. I thank you in advance for helping your child achieve and take the reading challenge as they participate in our school wide theme.
Six Flags Reading Club
READ TO SUCCEED 600-MINUTE READING CLUB
We are participating in an exciting program in grades K through 5 to continue to reinforce reading for pleasure at home. This program is the Six Flags Six Hour Reading Club. All students in grades K through 5 are eligible to join the Six Hour Reading Club.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Keep track of daily time read at home on your regular monthly reading calendar.
2. As in the past your child can be read to, or read books, magazines or newspapers to fulfill the six hours of recreational reading.
3. The monthly calendar and the six hour reading requirement become one. There is no extra reading or recording needed.
4. In addition to the regular monthly calendar for January and February your child will have a book report form developed by Six Flags Read to Succeed Program. This book report must be completed and returned with the monthly calendar.
5. Please try to add up the minutes on your child's calendar to help with the record keeping.
6. Please return calendar and book report on the regular assigned time schedule that was established at the beginning of the year. (The first school day of every month).
7. All students who complete the hours of recreational reading and book report completed on the assigned day (the first school day of every month) during the months of January and February will receive ONE FREE admission coupon to a Six Flags Theme Park.
***ALL FORMS MUST BE MAILED OUT ON MARCH 1ST!!!! SO NO LATE CALENDARS AND BOOK REPORTS WILL BE ACCEPTED!!!!
8. Coupons will be distributed to students in June.
Please help your child achieve this additional reading goal.
PLEASE STAPLE ALL PAPERS TOGETHER!
You can visit the Six Flags website by clicking here.
Children who completed the requirements for the Great Adventure ticket will have their ticket placed in their summer Reading Packet.